Introducing Nadia Mahmud-Salvisberg - the prospective Parliamentary candidate for Hackney Wick
It may have come to the attention of many of you that I have been hugging many babies of late. And this can only mean one thing: I am running for parliament.
(PLEASE NOTE: it is the bigger one in both photos who is the parliamentary candidate, and in neither cases is it the baby.)
The Nadia Manifesto
- build beautiful drinking-water fountains in every town.
- employ architects to analyse and redesign empty spaces in London as affordable housing/accommodation.
- introduction of petrol rationing in London.
- no-one can earn more than £75 000 per year. All the rest goes to the state. (entrepreneurs and artists are excluded due to erratic incomes, and as reward for the service they make to the country which requires extreme personal risk-taking.)
- it will be illegal to pay farmers less for their produce than what it cost them to produce it.
- unpaid interns will be able to claim benefits.
- emotional abuse and controlling your partner via emotional or financial abuse will be a criminal offence.
- more money will be allocated for women fleeing domestic abuse. In particular more provision for hostel beds will be made available.
- televised debates will be held on green issues - which will feature politicians, scientists, sociologists, celebrities, and members of the public debating various green issues.
- more money to be invested in a raft of green energy sources.